SRINAGAR: Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education on Tuesday declared the class 10 results in Kashmir region with the pass percentage of 62.94.
Atleast 69,056 students had appeared in the examinations conducted in November-December 2017.
A JKBOSE official said that 43,464 qualified the examinations with the total pass percentage of 62.94. While 25,542 candidates failed in exams and 3,998 reappeared.
Out of 35,997 boys appeared in exams, 22797 qualified with pass percentage of 63.33.
About 13,164 boys failed in exams, and 2072 were declared ‘reappear’.
While out of 33,059 girls, 20,667 qualified, 12378 failed, and 1926 were declared ‘reappear’. The overall pass percentage of girls is 62.52.
The candidates of government schools again performed poorly in examinations.
Out of 38,944 candidates of government schools, who appeared in exams, 18,186 managed to qualify.
While the pass percentage of private schools is 83.39 percent. Out of 30312 candidates of private schools, 25278 qualified the examinations.
Atleast 3737 have got AI grade while 5848 managed A2 grade. 6541, 7716, 8607, 6308, and 699 candidates have managed B1, B2, C1, C2, and D grade, respectively.
Atleast 70.85 percent candidates’ qualified English subject, while the percentage of candidates qualified Mathematics is 68 percent. 338 candidates had appeared in Hindi subject and 87 percent qualified. 75.50 percent candidates have qualified Urdu subject.
In Science subject, the pass percentage is 72.50 while in Social Science 63.30 percent.
In additional subjects, Arabic, Kashmiri, Computer Sciences, IT and ITES, Retail, Travel and Tourism, and Healthcare have pass percentage 94, 41, 90, 73, 56, 70, 80.57 percent, respectively.
Chairperson JKBOSE, Veena Pandita, said they declared results within a month’s time. “The exams concluded on December 10 and were announced today,” Pandita told The Kashmir Monitor.
She said that Board did not announce toppers of the exams. “We have adopted grading system since last year. The grading system has been adopted across India so that students till 10th class do not face any mental pressure due to competition. Students are given marks but we don’t declare the toppers,” she said.
Pandita expressed her satisfaction over the pass percentage of government schools.
“Government schools performed well this year as compared to previous years. The pass percentage of government schools have gone up this year,” she added.
Meanwhile, the JKBOSE said that applications for the next examination, along with the prescribed fees, must be submitted within 15 days of the declaration of this result. “Permission-cum-admission form should have photograph duly pasted on it and must be submitted along with eligibility certificate,” the JKBOSE said.
Militants committed biggest mistake, forces have full freedom now: PM
New Delhi, Feb 15: A day after at least 49 CRPF troopers were killed in a major suicide attack in south Kashmir’s Pulwama district, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said the militants have committed their “biggest mistake” and those responsible have to pay.
“We have given complete freedom to the security forces of the country. We have full faith in their bravery and valour,” Modi said while addressing a programme to flag-off the first indigenous Train 18, renamed as Vande Bharat Express at the New Delhi Railway Station.
Addressing the militant groups, the Prime Minister said: “Even those who are giving them shelters are responsible and have committed their worst mistake. They have to pay a very big price.”
Modi also assured the nation that “those powers who are behind the attack will be punished for their deeds”.
Hitting out at Pakistan, without naming it, “Our neighbouring country has already been sidelined by the international community; despite that if it feels it can create problem for India by creating instability, it’s their mistake.”
His remarks came minutes after the Cabinet Committee on Security that decided to withdraw the “Most Favoured Nation” status given to Pakistan.
He then inspected the engine-less Train 18 that has been renamed Vande Bharat Express and flagged it off at 11.20 a.m.
Train 18, the country’s first engine-less train manufactured by the Integral Coach Factory in Chennai, left from New Delhi railway station at 10 a.m. for Uttar Pradesh’s Varanasi, the parliamentary constituency of Modi. (IANS)
LETHPORA ATTACK FALLOUT: Miscreants in Jammu torch vehicles, pelt stones; curfew imposed
Jammu, Feb 15: Curfew was imposed in Jammu city following massive violence in which at least 12 persons were injured and dozens of vehicles damaged and torched by the mobs during a bandh call on Friday.
“Whereas, in view of prevailing law and order situation in district Jammu, there is every likelihood of breach of peace which may lead to acts of arson, targeting vehicles and causing loss of life and property. In order to maintain law and order, public tranquillity and to protect life and property of general public, I, Ramesh Kumar, IAS District Magistrate Jammu, in exercise of powers vested in me under section 144 Criminal Procedure Code hereby impose curfew in the area of whole Jammu city,” said the district magistrate in an order.
Reports and witnesses said that mobs torched and damaged dozens of vehicles during the violent protests which broke out Friday morning in Gujjar Nagar and Prem Nagar areas amid a shutdown called by Jammu Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Bar Association Jammu had supported the strike call issued against the killing of 49 CRPF troopers in a major attack in Lethpora area of Awantipora in south Kashmir.
An eye witness said that motorcycle-borne youth carrying Indian tricolour pelted stones on the vehicles and residential houses, and also set dozens of vehicles ablaze in Prem Nagar locality.
He said that a mob gathered in the area despite the authorities announcing curfew in the area.
An official said that a large contingent of the forces has been deployed in the area to control the situation.
The trouble erupted when a group of people belonging to various organisations including Bajrang Dal, Shiv Sena, and VHP took out a procession carrying tricolour through Gujjar Nagar, which is predominantly inhabited by Muslims, The Indian Express reported.
Quoting the locals, the report said the violent mob without any provocation started torching vehicles parked outside Jogi gate cremation ground.
Mobile Internet services have been suspended in Jammu as a precautionary measure to avoid law and order situation, said an official.
According to officials, there was complete bandh in Jammu city and there was no traffic on roads and all shops and markets were closed.
Jammu city was rocked by massive anti-Pakistan protests with people taking to the to streets in dozens of places, including Jewel Chowk, Purani Mundi, Rehari, Shaktinagar, Pacca Danga, Janipur, Gandhinagar and Bakshinagar.
Local Jaish fidayeen rams explosive-laden vehicle into forces’ bus at Lethpora
Srinagar, Feb 14: FORTY FOUR personnel of the paramilitary CRPF were killed and many others injured when a suicide bomber rammed a vehicle laden with explosives into a CRPF convoy on the Highway crossing through Lethpora area of Awantipora town in south Kashmir’s Pulwama district on Thursday.
It was the deadliest attack since the 2001 Jammu and Kashmir legislative assembly car bombing in which 38 people were killed.
The attack took place at around 3pm on the highway near Barsoo, a residential area of Lethpora, close to the saffron fields of Pampore.
The death toll kept on increasing with every passing hour after the incident as reports said that all those aboard the fateful 55-seater CRPF vehicle, which became the prime target of the suicide bomber, were killed in the attack.
Militant outfit Jaish-e-Mohammad in a statement to local media said their militant,Adil Ahmad Dar alias Waqas Commando, a resident of Pulwama, was the attacker who drove the car and carried out the suicide attack.
The bus was part of a convoy of 78 vehicles carrying over 2,500 troopers of the paramilitary force.
“A total of 44 CRPF men belonging to different battalions were travelling in the vehicle when the blast occurred,” a CRPF official said. The deceased, he added, belonged to several battalions.
Soon after the attack, gory scenes of dismembered bodies lying on the highway created chaos among both the civilians and the forces personnel in the area.
Following it, the traffic on the Srinagar-Jammu highway came to standstill. The government forces launched intensive searches in the entire area.
A police officer said forensic experts have taken samples even as investigations have been set into motion.
The officer also confirmed that Thursday’s attack was the deadliest. “Even though there were major attacks in the past also like Badamibagh and Assembly but this is the first attack in which there has been such high number of causalities,” the officer said.
Regarding the vehicle used by the militant, the officer said that it seems it was either a ‘Scorpio’ or a ‘Jeep’.
“Investigations are underway in this regard,” he said.
IGP Kashmir SP Pani said that it was a “gruesome militant attack”.
“The investigations have been taken up. We have started gathering the sequences how this happened and the people behind it will be brought before the law,” the IGP said, adding, “We are ascertaining the chain of circumstances in this incident.” (With inputs from GNS)