This Fruit Can Help In The Prevention And Healing Of Several Medical Disorders
Pomegranates are one of the healthiest fruits on this planet. They are loaded with multiple nutrients and are rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin K, protein, fibre, folate and potassium. In order to further elaborate on the health benefits of pomegranates, health coach Luke Coutinho went live on Facebook recently. For thousands of years, pomegranates are used as medicine in different civilisations across the world. This is not to infer that fruits like pomegranate can replace medicines for treating health problems. The idea is to say that any disease is multifactorial. And to treat it, there are many things which people need to do so as to eliminate its root cause, along with its symptoms.
Pomegranate is a fruit which is grown in abundance and is also extremely tasty. Including pomegranate in your diet can be helpful for everyone.
Health benefits of pomegranate which will surprise you
1. The fruit is a rich source of beneficial antioxidants. It has antiviral and anti-tumour properties. It is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and even folic acid.
2. Pomegranate is good for your skin, hair and helps in boosting immunity. A strong immunity is important for prevention and quick healing of diseases.
3. Pomegranates have almost 3 times the antioxidants of green tea and red wine. These antioxidants help in fighting damage caused by free radicals in the body.
4. Pomegranate has a property which can help in thinning of blood. This is the reason the fruit is recommended for heart patients.
5. It is a great fruit for people who have arthritis, knee pain or have cartilage that are getting weaker. Pomegranate plays a huge role in protecting our cartilage by neutralising the enzyme which breaks down cartilage.
6. Pomegranate is good for people with diabetes as well. It helps in improving your insulin sensitivity and is thus beneficial for diabetics.
7. Pomegranate helps in regulating cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure levels. It is a heart-friendly fruit and can be eaten every day. Opt for whole fruits instead of pomegranate juice, recommends Luke.
8. The fruit is also great to be given to children. It can stay fresh for 6 to 7 hours and doesn’t need refrigeration.
9. Pomegranate is great for improving memory and brain health. People with Alzheimer’s and dementia can benefit by including pomegranate in their diet. The fruit is excellent for generation of neurons in the brain.
10. Pomegranate is a great fruit for improving sexual performance and fertility. This is because it helps in improving blood flow in your reproductive organs – which is an essential requirement for good sexual health. The fruit also helps in improving fertility.
11. Ellagic acid in pomegranate is great for hormonal balance in the body. This is especially for people who have more production of oestrogen in the body. Men suffering from prostate cancer can benefit by including pomegranate in their diet.
(Luke Coutinho, Holistic Lifestyle Coach – Integrative Medicine)