Riyadh :The channel released a list of the fatalities on Friday, saying the count was based on reports published in the kingdom’s official Saudi Press Agency and different Saudi websites and social networks.
Citing Saudi state media , Al Jazeera also reported that more than 1,000 members of the Saudi-led troops have been killed since early 2015, when Riyadh launched a war on its impoverished southern neighbor.
Saudi Arabia’s war on Yemen has taken a heavy toll on its own military, reportedly leaving over 1,000 of the regime’s troops dead since early 2015.
Yemen’s official Saba news agency also said a Saudi Apache helicopter gunship had crashed and the only person on board been killed in the southwestern Saudi region of Jizan.
A reconnaissance Saudi CH-4 drone further came down in the nearby region of Asir, the agency said, without specifying whether the aircraft had been hit by Yemeni forces.
Saudi troops and their allied mercenaries are currently pushing to seize the Yemeni port of Hudaydah which receives the bulk of the international humanitarian aid.
“We’re extremely concerned about the situation around Hudaydah. Our colleagues in the area have started to take precautionary measures in terms of ramping up assistance and redefining contingency plans in case of this further escalation,” said UN Secretary-General spokesperson Stephane Dujarric.
The United Nations voices grave concern over the Saudi-backed militant attack on Yemeni city of Hudaydah.
The Saudi-led war has already driven the entire impoverished country close to the brink of famine amid a crippling blockade which Riyadh says is aimed at stemming weapons shipments to the country.
According to figures released by the Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights, more than 600,000 people have been killed or injured in the Saudi war since 2015.