Connect with us

International

US pure obsession with Iran like attitude of failing psychotic stalkers: Iran

Agencies

Published

🕒

on

IST

Tehran: Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif says the United States has a “pure obsession” with Iran which is very much like the attitude of “persistently failing psychotic stalkers.”

The top Iranian diplomat took to his official Twitter account to react to recent remarks made by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and National Security Adviser John Bolton against the Islamic Republic.

“While ordinarily it might be flattering, @SecPompeo’s and @AmbJohnBolton’s pure obsession with Iran is more and more like the behavior of persistently failing psychotic stalkers,” Zarif said.

 

He emphasized that the US is “substituting a real foreign policy with Iran- obsession and -phobia.”

Speaking during a news conference with his Jordanian counterpart Ayman Safadi in Amman on Tuesday at the start of his second trip to the Middle East, Pompeo said that his country was “redoubling not only our diplomatic but our commercial efforts to put real pressure on Iran.”

He pointed to the US decision to withdraw troops from Syria and claimed that the move would not jeopardize Washington’s efforts to counter threats in the region, which, he alleged, came from Iran and the Daesh terrorist group.

“The most significant threats to the region are Daesh and the Islamic Revolution,” said the US secretary of state.

Last month, US President Donald Trump made an abrupt announcement to withdraw the roughly 2,000 American troops from Syria, claiming that the US had accomplished its goal of defeating Daesh.

US National Security Adviser John Bolton also claimed on Sunday that Iran poses a threat to the region through its “quest for deliverable nuclear weapons.”

“We’ve got the continuing threat of Iran’s quest for deliverable nuclear weapons,” Bolton said during a joint declaration with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami said that the era of American order and Western hegemony has reached its end and time has come to usher in the post-West age in West Asia.

The Iranian defense minister says the era of American order and West hegemony has reached its end.

“The Islamic Revolution (in Iran) and the resistance in Syria, Iraq and Yemen show the reality that the West is not the center of regional developments anymore, and the compulsory US exit from Syria indicates the failure of their (the US) strategies in the region,” Hatami said in an address to the International Conference on Defense and Security in West Asia in Tehran.


Advertisement
Loading...
Comments

International

26 killed as tour bus catches fire in China

Agencies

Published

on

Beijing: A tour bus caught fire in central China’s Hunan Province killing 26 people, local authorities said. The 28 injured in the incident were rushed to three local hospitals for treatment. Among them the condition of five were state to be critical, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted local officials as saying.

The accident occurred around when the 59-seater bus from neighbouring Henan province suddenly caught fire on a highway in Hanshou County in the city of Changde.

The bus had 53 passengers, two drivers and a tour guide at the time of the incident.

 

The two drivers were detained and an investigation into the cause of the accident is underway.

The incident came a day after 64 people lost their lives while 640 were injured in a powerful explosion at a chemical plant in eastern China. The blast occurred on Thursday following a fire in a fertilizer factory in a chemical industrial park in Yancheng, Jiangsu province, according to the government of Xiangshui county.

Continue Reading

International

New Zealand bans Christchurch terrorist’s manifesto

Agencies

Published

on

Wellington: New Zealand has banned the possession and distribution of a manifesto believed to be written by the lone terrorist who carried out the March 15 Christchurch mosques carnage where 50 people were killed, officials said on Saturday.

The Office of Film and Literature Classification announced that the document is objectionable under the law, reports CNN.

The so-called “manifesto” of Brenton Tarrant, the 28-year-old Australian charged with the massacre, spans more than 80 pages and is filled with anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim rants.

 

“There is an important distinction to be made between ‘hate speech,’ which may be rejected by many right-thinking people, but which is legal to express, and this type of publication, which is deliberately constructed to inspire further murder and terrorism,” said New Zealand’s Chief Censor David Shanks. “It crosses the line.”

The document was posted on social media and was sent to the office of Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern just before the shooting began.

On Thursday, Shanks called on the public to delete any copies, as well as online posts or links to the document.

People can also report any social media posts, links or websites.

“New Zealanders can all play a part in denying those who exhort hatred, killing and terror,” Shanks said.

“Do not support the murderous objectives of its author by republishing or distributing it.”

Earlier this week, authorities banned footage of the fatal shootings, including edited clips and still images.

Continue Reading

International

Death toll climbs to 64 in one of China’s worst industrial blasts in years

Agencies

Published

on

Beijing: The death toll climbed to 64 in one of the worst industrial accidents of China in recent times which knocked down buildings, tossed children into air and caused a tremor equivalent to a magnitude-3.0 earthquake, officials said Saturday. The officials said that 24 others were missing.

The explosion occurred after a fire in the fertilizer factory in Jiangsu province on Thursday, according to the government of Xiangshui county. Thirty-four people were in a critical condition and 73 seriously injured, state-run China Daily reported. The death toll is expected to rise as several people have been critically injured.

Over 640 people were injured in the incident. More than 3,000 workers and around 1,000 residents have been relocated to safe places. The Ministry of Emergency Management said that 88 people were rescued from the scene.

 

Such is the scale of the devastation that the entire industrial park in the Yancheng resembled an area struck by a massive earthquake with almost all buildings demolished in one go.

It is the worst industrial accident since the massive explosion rocked the port area of Tianjin in 2015 in which 173 people were killed. The China earthquake centre reported an earthquake of 3.0 magnitude during the time of the blast. An aerial video posted by China Daily which provided the first detailed view of the area showed shocking images of the blast which has destroyed the entire neighbourhood, causing an extensive damage showcasing the destructive side of China’s unbridled industrial development.

Jiangsu Tianjiayi Chemical plant, where the blast took place, was flattened and 16 neighbouring factories were left with varying degrees of damage. The impact smashed windows and uprooted roofs of some buildings and reduced others to rubble. Officials claimed that the rivers outside the chemical industrial park were not polluted.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Subscribe to The Kashmir Monitor via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to The Kashmir Monitor and receive notifications of new stories by email.

Join 1,001,166 other subscribers

Archives

March 2019
M T W T F S S
« Feb    
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
Advertisement