Jammu, August 8: The father of a youth, who was shot dead by CRPF guards at the residence of National Confernce leader Farooq Abdullah at Bhatandi Jammu Wednesday claimed that his son was murdered under a well-hatched conspiracy. He accused police of going soft on ‘criminals’ responsible for the murder of his son Syed Murad Shah.
Syed Junaid Shah, the father of the slain youth said that he has hundreds reasons to believe that his son was killed under a well thought conspiracy. “How can my son break the gate and park his vehicle at ease in the lawn amid heavy security cover. Why police is reluctant to make CCTV Footage public. Why three bullets were pumped into the chest of my son when he was unarmed,” Shah said.
While demanding the arrest of the personnel involved in his son’s “cold-blooded murder” and registration of an FIR against them, Shah said it should be made public that how many times his son was seen at Farooq Abdullah’s residence earlier.
The youth’s killing triggered massive protests by his relatives. Various political parties, including the BJP and Congress, had demanded a thorough probe into the incident.
Shah demanded that those who killed his son should be arrested till the magisterial inquiry is completed. He demanded that the cell phone confiscated from his slain son should be handed over to family. “It should be investigated who called his son last time on his cell phone. The cell-phone is lying with police that needs to be handed over to probe committee,” he said. (CNS)
FIR stands registered into the Bathindi incident, no FIR can be filed against second party: IGP Jammu
Srinagar, August 8: Police on Wednesday said that an FIR has been already registered into the Bathindi incident in which one youth was killed when he allegedly tried to enter into the residence of National Conference president and former chief minister Dr Farooq Abdullah. Police clarified that FIR can’t be filed against the second party unless and until the court directs to do so.
IGP Jammu S D Jamwal said “FIR into the incident as per the precedence and rule has been already registered and to ensure a transparent and fair probe a magisterial enquiry has been ordered.”
When asked about the demand of FIR against the CRPF men who opened fire on the youth, IGP Jammu said “FIR against the second party can’t be filed unless and until there is a directive from the court.”
When his attention was drawn towards the demand raised by PDP president and former chief minister Mehbooba Mufti for an FIR against the CRPF men, Jamwal said, “FIR against the second party can’t be filed unless and until there is a directive from the court. We don’t investigate incidents on political lines but there is an institutional and administrative mechanism in police to investigate the incidents. As per rules FIR is lodged into the incident and in this case we will wait till the outcome of the magisterial probe.” (KNS)
Unable to trace his son since 2006, Kupwara man appeals for assistance
Srinagar, Aug 21: Ten years on, an ailing father from Kupwara has been unable to locate his son who went missing from Gujarat’s Barooq Zilla.
Narrating his ordeal, Hakeem Din Kissana, a resident of Rajpora, Handwara, said his son, Mohammad Ashraf, went missing from Darul Aloom Arbia in 2006.
“He was my elder son. He went to Gujarat to do a course in Islamic studies, for his very fond of Islamiyat,” he said.
A labourer by profession, Kissana has three daughters and one more son.
“Ashraf was different. He was caring and loved by everyone in the family. We have been missing him a lot. In his absence, we have been living a miserable life, not able to accept that he is not with us,” he said.
He said he searched for his son everywhere and appealed the government to provide him assistance.
“Now ten years have passed, he is still not traceable. The law considers him missing. There is a provision of assistance, but so far we have not been given any kind of help,” he said.
Kassana claims to have completed all formalities required to get assistance from the government.
“I went to every platform, but could not trace the whereabouts of my son. I went to the Deputy Commissioner (DC) concerned and even to the Divisional Commissioner, who asked the DC to consider my case for assistance,” he said.
He appealed Governor, N N Vohra, to intervene.
The DC, Kupwara, Khalid Jehangir, said Ashraf has not been declared dead yet by the committee looking after the disappearance cases.
“The committee examining his case will be meeting in a couple of days. Once it declares him dead, further action would be initiated,” he said.
Changes to Art 35-A linked to 2019 polls: APSCC
Srinagar, Aug 21: All Parties Sikh Coordination Committee (APSCC) Tuesday protested against plans to make changes to Article 35-A of the constitution, which guarantees special status to Jammu Kashmir.
The APSCC activists led by chairman Jagmohan Singh Raina assembled at Pratap Park here to register their protest.
Talking to reporters, Raina claimed that the demand for abrogation of Article 35-A was “closely linked” to the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
“Prime Minister Narendra Modi wants to derive mileage out of the abrogation of Article 35-A, so that BJP emerges victorious in 2019 parliamentary elections,” he added.
“It is unfortunate that BJP and more so the prime minister is concerned about electoral gains rather than the consequences that would emerge if Article 35-A is abrogated. People of the state are united and won’t allow such a thing to happen,” Raina said.
He said the APSCC has extended support to the two-day protest programme of separatist Joint Resistance Leadership on August 26 and 27.
Yatra suspended due to non-availability of pilgrims
Jammu, Aug 21: The Amarnath Yatra was suspended from Jammu on Tuesday due to non-availability of adequate number of pilgrims, officials said, adding that it may be resumed depending on the arrival of pilgrims at the base camp.
However, the Budha Amarnath Yatra went smoothly with the fifth batch of 449 devotees leaving Bhagwati Nagar base camp for the mountainous shrine of Lord Shiva in Poonch district, they said.
On Monday, the smallest batch of 43 pilgrims left the base camp for Kashmir to undertake the annual yatra to the 3,880 metre-high holy cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas.
“No devotee arrived for the pilgrimage and accordingly it was decided to suspend the yatra from here for the time being,” the officials said, adding in case the pilgrims again arrive at the base camp for the yatra, it will be resumed to facilitate them to pay obeisance at the shrine before the conclusion of the pilgrimage on August 26.
The 60-day pilgrimage commenced from the twin routes of Baltal and Pahalgam on June 28 but over the past fortnight, the arrival of devotees recorded a sharp decline owing to the early melting of the naturally formed ice-shivlingam at the shrine.
Till last evening, as many as 2,83,140 pilgrims had visited the cave shrine since the commencement of the yatra which entered into the final phase on Monday with the joining of the “Charri Mubarak” (saffron robed holy mace of Lord Shiva).
The holy mace was taken from its abode in Srinagar to Pahalgam by a group of Sadhus on Monday and after a night halt, the onward journey started on Tuesday.
It is scheduled to reach the cave shrine on August 26, marking the conclusion of the pilgrimage.
Meanwhile, the fifth batch of 499 pilgrims including 72 women left the Bhagwati Nagar base camp here for Budha Amarnath shrine in mountainous Poonch district this morning, the officials said.
The 10-day yatra was going on smoothly and so far over 7,000 pilgrims had paid their obeisance at the shrine, they said, adding the yatra is also scheduled to conclude on August 26, coinciding with ‘Raksha Bandhan’.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get breaking news and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.