ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday, May 19, 2026

LoC flare-up: Injured civilian succumbs

s 636905666154516149 killed
FILE PHOTO

Srinagar: A civilian injured last week in Pakistan ceasefire violation on the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kupwara district succumbed in the hospital on Thursday.

Police said 60-year-old civilian, identified as Mohammed Yaqoob Mir of Kachadia Bagh Bella village in the Karnah sector of Kupwara district, succumbed in Srinagar on Thursday morning.

“The deceased had been injured in Pakistan firing and shelling in the Karnah sector last Friday.

“Another civilian injured in the same incident had expired last week”, police said.

A total of 24 civilians have been killed and over 100 injured in more than 2,720 ceasefire violations by Pakistan on the LoC so far this year.

Don't Miss

DEAD 1

Army man found dead on LoC in Poonch

Poonch: An army man was found
lk 1

Pak army resorts to heavy shelling along LoC in Poonch

Jammu: The Pakistan army violated ceasefire