Having fat in the liver is normal but only to some extent. When more than 5 to 10% of your liver’s weight is fat, it is known as a fatty liver disease. This exposes your liver to a risk of injuries, inflammation, and scarring. Fatty liver is of two types, alcoholic fatty liver, and non-alcoholic fatty liver. The former happens as a result of excessive alcohol intake and the latter is because of other alcohol unrelated reasons. It could be due to a diet high in terms of fats and carbs or due to diabetes or physical inactivity. Initially, people do not show any symptoms of this disease but eventually, they feel nauseated, fatigued, discomfort and a general feeling of being sick. Thankfully, the fatty liver disease is a reversible condition and only needs some lifestyle alterations for treatment.
Besides these, there are some natural home remedies which can help you treat fatty liver disease easily. Take a look
1. Apple cider vinegar
One of the most effective home remedies for a fatty liver disease is apple cider vinegar. It helps you by reducing fat accumulating in the liver and by inducing weight loss. It also promotes healthy liver functioning by reducing inflammation. All you need to do is add a tablespoon of ACV to warm water and drink it twice daily before your meals. You can also add honey to enhance the taste. Repeat this for two months to see the difference.
Lemons are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants which help the liver produce glutathione. This enzyme neutralizes the toxins in the liver, thereby promoting detoxification. All you need to do is squeeze a lemon in a glass of water and drink it twice or thrice a day for some weeks. This will help in reducing the fat accumulated in the liver, thereby treating fatty liver disease naturally.
3. Green tea
Green tea is enriched with high-density catechins which improve liver functioning and prevent fat accumulation in people suffering from the nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. It blocks the amount of fat stored in the liver and improves its functioning as well. Drink 3 to 4 cups of green tea regularly to keep the fatty liver disease at bay.
This spice acts as a natural healer for all conditions. The valuable antioxidants of this spice are what you need treat fatty liver disease naturally. Turmeric improves your body’s ability to digest fats and prevent its accumulation in the liver. You could prepare a turmeric drink by adding 1/4th of a teaspoon of turmeric to two glasses of water. Drink this daily to prevent fatty liver disease. You could also add turmeric to a glass of milk and drink it daily for the same effect.
One of the main causes of fatty liver disease is dietary fats. Ayurveda has it, both the pulp and the seeds of the papaya fruit are effective in burning these dietary fats, thereby preventing fatty liver disease naturally. For this, you could eat a slice of papaya with honey every day. You could also grind its seeds, mix it with water and drink it daily for the same effect.
6. Indian gooseberry oramla
Amla is another effective home remedy for fatty liver disease. This fruit is rich in vitamin C and this essential vitamin ensures proper functioning of the liver. It works by removing toxins from the liver. You could eat it raw or add it to your food while cooking.
7. Exercise regularly
Physical inactivity is an important contributing factor of the fatty liver disease. To reverse this, engage in some form of physical workout every day. Go for a walk, jog, run, jump rope or do yoga; any form of physical workout can be helpful in treating fatty liver disease naturally. Keep 30 minutes separately for your workouts. Start with low-impact exercises and then move on to the high-impact workouts. Start under the guidance of an expert. This will help in speeding up your metabolism effectively and help you maintain proper liver function. This will be fully effective if you couple it with a healthy and balanced diet.
Common Causes of Neck and Shoulder Pain
If you have a 9 to 5 job that requires you to sit in front of a computer, chances are you have been bugged by neck and shoulder pain for many times already.The discomfort you feel may range anywhere from mild to severe. Moving the affected area may trigger the pain or cause it to worsen.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDs are the most commonly prescribed drugs to those who are suffering from neck and shoulder pain. The problem with the intake of these medications is they yield unfavorable side effects most especially when taken for a long period of time. The application of liniment may also be done, although the topically used product may cause skin irritation in some.
It’s for these reasons why considering a few home remedies for dealing with neck and shoulder pain is a good idea. Some of them include:
• Alternating hot and cold compress – Doing this for about 20 minutes several times a day can help get rid of the pain and inflammation in the affected areas. If you have the problem, you may also take a shower using cold and water alternately to attain relief.
• Mobilizing the neck and shoulder – Immobilizing the painful area for a long time may only do more harm than good. That’s why after about 48 hours or when the pain and inflammation have subsided a bit, gently mobilizing the neck and shoulder can help in restoring function as well as flexibility and strength of the muscles in the area.
Neck and shoulder pain can be due to several different reasons. When having the problem, it’s very important to pinpoint the cause so that it may be managed appropriately. Here are the common causes:
• Poor posture. Naturally, it’s very likely for you to suffer from neck and shoulder pain if your posture is not top-notch. No matter if you are standing up, sitting down or lying, proper posture is important in order to have the problem avoided.
• Overuse of the muscles and joints of the neck and shoulders. Repeated movements of the neck and shoulder can cause pain in these areas as the muscles get fatigued and the joints are given more work than they could normally handle.
• A pinched neck or shoulder nerve. When there’s compression of the nerve in the neck or shoulder or too much pressure is applied to it, a condition called pinched nerve may occur. The pain felt also usually runs down on one side of your arm.
• Frozen neck or shoulder. A frozen neck or shoulder usually stems from the lack of movement due to pain and inflammation brought about by an injury. As more and more movement is introduced, the problem gradually goes away.
• Swelling of a tendon in the neck or shoulder area. Medically known as tendonitis, the swelling of a tendon (a band that attaches a muscle to a bone) can cause pain in the neck and shoulder, also causing the said areas to be frozen.
• Inflammation of the bursa. This condition which is also referred to as bursitis is brought about by overuse, trauma, gout, arthritis and infection, thus causing the bursa (sac surrounding the shoulder joint) to get inflamed.
• Whiplash and osteoarthritis. Both whiplash (injury to the neck due to forceful and rapid back-and-forth movement of the neck joint) and osteoarthritis (degeneration of the cartilage of a joint) may also result in neck and shoulder pain.
• Inflammation of the lymph nodes found in the neck. There are instances when pain in the neck and shoulders is brought about by an infection, causing the lymph nodes in the neck to get inflamed and tender.
How to Remove Uric Acid Crystallization in Joints (Gout and Joint pain)
Gout and pain in the joints are known conditions that affect a lot people. Some go for supplements and over-the-counter medicine for relief.
What many do not know is that many healthy remedies are available to help in dealing with these conditions. Besides being convenient and effective, natural ways also offer added health benefits to the body.
What you will read next is a great and healthy way to remove uric acid crystallization in joints.
Cucumber is one produce you would always want to the grocery for. Making a juice out of it is great at bringing down the temperature of the body. Besides its being a an effective alkalizing agent, it also works well In the removal of the uric acid that has been crystalized in the joints which usually happens in the case of gout.
When drinking this juice, a slight pain might be felt. This is good because this is a sign that healing is taking place. This happens when the old toxins that will be removed are being stirred.
You might want to add want to add ginger and celery. They work well in the reduction of inflammation when the body undergoes a cleansing process.
To prepare this mix you will need the following:
• 2 ribs of celery
• 1 average sized cucumber
• A slice of lemon
• 1 inch young ginger root
Make sure that you have prepared all the necessary ingredients. Clean them well. You may use some vegetable wash or wash them thoroughly.
First, make small cucumber pieces. Slice them in such a way that they will fit into your juicer. Know your juicer’s capacity. Then check the rib of the celery. Make sure that you got rid of the dirt that has accumulated on it. After that, take the lemon and cut it into half. This is all you need. Put the other half in the fridge. Lastly, get the ginger root and carve it out.
Enjoy the drink and deal with the crystalized uric acid. Drink as often as needed.
Endogamy may up infertility risk in Indian men
A team of researchers have identified that deletions of the Y chromosomes, responsible for the production of sperms, can cause infertility in Indian men.
The study, published in the journal, ‘Scientific Reports’, illustrates how the ethnicity, endogamy and long-time geographical isolation of Indian populations might have played a major role in the high frequencies of deletion events.
According to the researchers, including K Thangaraj from Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, deletions in the A Zoospermia Factor (AZF) regions on the human Y chromosome are reported as one of the most common causes of severe testiculopathy and spermatogenic defects leading to male infertility.
For the study, the researchers screened blood samples of 973 infertile men, consisting of 771 azoospermia (complete absence of sperm), 105 oligozoospermia (low sperm count) and 97 oligoteratozoospermia (low sperm count with abnormal shape and size) patients.
The deletion screening was carried out using AZF-specific markers.
The experiments were carried in accordance with the relevant guidelines and regulations approved for research on human samples.
The study revealed deletion events in a total of 29.4 per cent of infertile Indian men. Of these, non-allelic homologous recombination events accounted for 25.8 per cent.
Indian populations are unique in their origin and have been practicing endogamy for the last two thousand years, and therefore it is important to add a study of the frequencies of AZF deletions on the Y chromosome and their association with fertility in Indian idiopathic infertile men to similar studies from other parts of the world, the researchers said.
Low voter turnout may hit Mufti’s prospects in Anantnag
Srinagar: With the overall voter turnout in the first of the three-phase polling in Anantnag Lok Sabha constituency settling below...
Polling begins on very dull note in Anantnag
Anantnag, Apr 23 Polling began on a very dull note in the first of three phase polling in six of...