Srinagar, April 8: A 25-year-old youth died and three others were injured seriously in a solar battery blast at Khrew area of Pampore in south Kashmir’s Pulwama district on Wednesday evening.
Reports said that the blast took place inside a residential house of Ghulam Nabi Mir son of Ghulam Rasool Mir at Zantrag village in Khrew today at around 5:30 pm.
In the blast four members of a family including Ghulam Nabi’s son, two daughters and nephew were injured, they said.
The injured identified as Shabir Ahmad Mir (25), his two sisters Gulshan (18) and Shafeeqa (21) besides their cousin Faisal (8) have been shifted to a nearby hospital from where they were referred to SMHS Srinagar hospital for specialized treatment. However, Shabir succumbed to injuries, they said.
A police officer also confirmed the death and injuries in the blast. The officer told GNS that preliminary investigations suggest that the solar battery exploded inside the house. “We are ascertaining what actually has happened,” he said.
He said that a case has been registered in this regard. (GNS)