Help The Kashmir Monitor sustain so that we continue to be editorially independent. Remember, your contributions, however small they may be, matter to us.

‘Tulip of Paradise’ withers to leave orphan sisters mourning

By Mudassir Kuloo

Srinagar, Jun 02: “I remember that day when we started our golden friendship, how funny you were. In tough times you use to inspire me all the time. I will remember that time which we spent together. You use to guide me when I was wrong,” reads an emotional Facebook post from Meean Yaqoob, slain downtown youth Qaisar Amin Bhat’s friend.
Qaisar, defined on social-media as a ‘Tulip of Paradise’, was crushed under a CRPF vehicle during protests at Nowhatta in old Srinagar on Friday.
As soon as the news of him getting critically injured, and subsequently succumbing to his injuries spread, his timeline has been flooded with emotional messages.
Ahil Qayoom shared: “Let me tell you about this brother who got hit by the Indian jeep yesterday. He was innocent and he had some dreams for his family. Recently I was talking to him about job. He told me that I am flying to Dubai soon.”
Fahed Shabir wrote on Facebook: “Our tulip is in paradise now.Another one in the hearts of green birds oh brother Qaisar rejoice now you attained martyrdom.”
Some of his friends shared Qaisar’s pictures in his remembrance. On December 20, 2017, he had shared a video of Moulana Aashiq Salafi Kunzpuri.
Qaiser, 21, is survived by two sisters, both students. He along with two sisters had shifted to Dalgate from Fatehkadal following the death of his mother and father in 2009 and 2010, respectively.
He had been living with his parental aunt in Dalgate and had recently started Kashmir art business.
His friends remembered him as a “noble and humble” boy who was working hard to earn his livelihood.
“He was a religious and pious person. He would always tell others to offer prayers,” his neighbor at Buchwara Dal Gate said, wishing not to be named.
“He had told his family that he will go to Jamia Masjid for Friday prayers, but they received his dead body at midnight.”
He said his sisters went to Fateh Kadal at 2:30 am after his dead body was brought to his native place and was buried at Martyrs Graveyard Eidgah on Saturday morning.
“He was a very humble person, a non-smoker, and hardworking. He used to earn his livelihood by working as a salesman and had recently started Kashmiri handicraft business. Simultaneously, he was studying and had enrolled in a college this year,” another of his friends said.