Maximum demands of NHM employees met, remaining under consideration: Health Min
JAMMU, JAN 10: Minister for Health and Medical Education Bali Bhagat today informed the house that government has conceded maximum demands of the NHM employees, even as their demand for regularisation of services is being looked into.
He said a four member committee constituted by the government to look into the demands of the National Health Mission (NHM) has presented its report and its recommendations are under consideration of the government.
He said the committee was constituted in September last year and the panel has presented a detailed report about the strength of NHM employees, financial implication on their regularization and other issues. The Minister was responding to the concern expressed by legislators Satpal Sharma, Er Abdul Rasheed, Pawan Kumar Gupta, Yawar Ahmad Mir, Rajiv Jasrotia, R S Pathania and M Y Tarigami over the problems being faced by the patients due to prolonged strike of medicos and paramedics engaged under NHM.
Elaborating further, the Minister said that in its report the committee has put the number of NHM employees at 8402 and their regularization in one go would have a financial implication of Rs 224 crore on the state exchequer.
Minister said the committee has recommended for phased regularization of the employees starting with 1020 employees which would involve financial implication of Rs 27.41 crore. He said government is considering the recommendations of the committee.
However, the Minister said that the government has met several other demands of the NHM employees. He said that earlier 3 months maternity leave was granted in favour of the female employees without salary, but now they avail the leave along with the perks. He said they are also entitled to EPF, Accidental insurance and other incentives.
The Minister praised the contribution and dedication of NHM employees and appealed them to resume their duty. He said that their genuine demands are already under the consideration of the government.
Minister for Health and Medical Education, Bali Bhagat today said that no death has been reported in the Kashmir division so far due to Hepatitis-B.
The Minister was responding to a Calling Attention Motion moved by MLC Sajjad Ahmad Kichloo.
The Minister further said that the 2 deaths have been reported in Jammu division so far and the documentation process is going on in this regard to authenticate it. He said in the past, the epidemic of Hepatitis-B broke out in two villages of Kashmir Province in Kokernag area adjacent to the Warwan valley, namely Takiya Magam and Sundbrari due to unsafe injection practices.
The Minister said that the whole population of this belt has been screened by the Health Department and 2,034 persons have been registered for treatment of Hepatitis-B.
He said out of these persons, 928 persons have been treated with latest drug regimen free of cost. However, he added that it is likely that old cases of Warwan would have contracted the Hepatitis-B virus through unsafe practices and thus it was decided to vaccinate them as a precautionary measure.
Regarding the incidents of Hepatitis-B reported in Kishtwar, the Minister informed that a team of doctors was sent to the area on December 19, 2017 to investigate the cases of Hepatitis-B.
He informed that during the investigation, the medical team observed that there were 27 cases of Hepatitis-B having rapid test positive and confirmed by ELJSA test as per the record available in NTPHC Inshan. Also there were 7 cases of Hepatitis-B who were tested positive by Rapid Test detected by Medical Team, he added.
MLC Firdous Ahmad Tak also raised supplementary question and demanded proper treatment to get rid from this epidemic and also appealed to ensure the medical aid should reach out to the people through chopper to save their lives. Responding to this, the Minister ensured that proper medical team with medicare facility would be sent to the area and all the societal heads will be included to raise the awareness among masses.