1 min read

Man dies of electrocution in Budgam, locals allege negligence by PDD

May 10, 2024

Budgam, May: A 41-year-old man died of electric shock while cutting grass at his land in Beerwah area of central Kashmir’s Budgam district on Thursday, officials said.

An official said the man received an electric shock when he suddenly came in contact with a live wire.

“He was immediately rushed to a nearby health center, where he was pronounced dead,” he said.

He has been identified as Imtiyaz Ah Dar (41) son of Mohammad Sultan Dar of Chewdara Beerwah.

Meanwhile, locals held a protest outside the hospital premises, alleging negligence on the part of PDD as transmission lines are lying low, which is a threat to lives.

The official said that police have taken cognizance of the incident

Discover more from The Kashmir Monitor

Subscribe to get the latest posts to your email.

Don't miss a beat! The Kashmir Monitor delivers the latest Kashmir news, sports highlights from every league, political updates, entertainment buzz, and tech innovations happening right now.

A Newspaper company in Kashmir

Leave a Reply