Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday hailed the “people-driven war” in India against the coronavirus disease, and said it will be discussed in the future. He said this during his monthly radio programme ‘Mann ki Baat’.
“Suggestions and phone calls for this edition of Mann ki Baat are many times higher than the usual. Encompassing many subjects, you mann ki baat has reached me. In hustle and bustle of life, several topics remain unnoticed have come to the fore through your feedback. I intend to share a few such aspects with the countrymen,” he said.
“India’s fight against coronavirus is people driven. It is being fought by the people and the administration in close collaboration,” added PM Modi.
“A vast country like India which is striving for development, fighting a decisive battle against poverty, has only this option to win the war against coronavirus. We are fortunate that the entire country with every citizen as a soldier is leading and fighting this war,” he said.
According to the Union health ministry figures released on Sunday morning, India’s coronavirus count stood at 26,496 including 19,868 active cases and 824 deaths from Covid-19.
- Encompassing many subjects, your messages have reached me: PM
- India’s coronavirus fight people-driven, says PM Modi
- People are rising to occasion to help each other; we are all in this together: PM Modi on COVID-19 pandemic.
- Be it businesses, office culture, education, medical sector, everyone is adapting to changes in post-coronavirus world, says PM Modi.
- PM Modi hails contribution of state govts in fight against COVID-19 pandemic, says they have played a very active role.
- From feeding more to manufacturing equipment, India has come together
- People are donating food, feeding hundreds, making masks. This is giving to strenth to India’s fight against coronavirus: Modi
- I bow before the spirit of 130 crore countrymen: PM
- Civil society, local administrations, nurses, Aasha workers…1.25 crore professionals have come together on Covidwarriors.gov.in : PM Modi. Modi launches the platform, encourages people to join it.
- Indian railways running over 100 parcel trains, says Modi
- Health professionals have expressed satisfaction with the new ordinance to protect them from violence.
- Nature, preservation and culture–if we look at these three, it we will open a new door to look at life
- India’s decision to supply medicines to countries which needed them amid COVID-19 pandemic was guided by its ethos, says PM Modi.
- We have supplied medicines to many countries, provided humanitarian service for the entire world.
- Other countries say “Thank you, people of India.” This is matter of pride for India.
- I feel very proud when world leaders thank India and its people for assistance amid coronavirus pandemic: PM Modi in radio address.
- COVID-19 has had positive changes in our working lifestyle and routine
- If you want to save yourself and others from coronavirus, wear a mask: Modi
- Recently India celebrated many festivals. People stayed at home, celebrated with calm and followed lockdown rules.