Help The Kashmir Monitor sustain so that we continue to be editorially independent. Remember, your contributions, however small they may be, matter to us.

Declared innocent, Kashmir trio to face appeal in Delhi High Court

Delhi
New Delhi : **Combo** Three accused of 2005 Delhi serial bomb blasts case after the verdict in Patiala House Court in New Delhi on Thursday.PTI Photo by Subhav Shukla(PTI2_16_2017_000186B)


Srinagar, Mar 12: Delhi police has moved High Court against the release of three 2005 serial blast-accused Kashmiris.
Last year, on February 16, Delhi session’s court released Muhammad Hussain Fazili, Muhammad Rafiq Shah and Tariq Ahmad Dar, after declaring them “innocent”.
The decision had come after they had already served 12 years in jail.
Fazili, one of the acquitted said that they have received a fresh notification from the Delhi High Court to remain present for hearing on March 13.
“A few days back, we received a letter from Delhi High court in which it was written that our order was challenged by the Delhi police. In the letter it was mentioned that we shall be present on the date of hearing, which is on March 13,” he said.
Fazili, 44, a former small time shawl weaver from Srinagar’s Buchpora, said he would send his council to plead his case before the court.
“I can’t go to New Delhi, but I am in touch with my lawyer, Susheel Bajaj, and will probably ask him to plead my case in the high court tomorrow,” he said.
Fazili hoped that he, along with his two other companions, will be proven innocent in the High Court as well.
“After 12 years we got justice and same (by the grace of God) will happen in the High Court as well. Even if they approach the Supreme Court, we are sure that every decision will go in our favour, because we are innocent,” he said.
Fazili said he wasn’t aware of the course of action followed by his other two companions against the fresh notification.
“Hopefully, they too would have followed the same procedure to defend their case. Presently, I have no information about them,” he said.
The serial blasts of October 29, 2005, at Sarojini Nagar, Kalkaji, and Paharganj had killed 67 people and injured more than 200.