Casual labour electrocuted in Srinagar

Srinagar: A casual labour of the Kashmir Power Distribution Corporation Ltd (erstwhile Power Development Department) died of electrocution in Zakura area of Srinagar city on Wednesday.

A police officer told GNS Tariq Ahmad Dar son of Ghulam Rasool received an electric shock while repairing a transmission line in Zakura area today at around 7:00 am.

Dar, a resident of Malbagh was seriously injured due to electric shock, said the officer.

He was immediately taken to health facility (Sub-Centre) Naseembagh where doctors declared him brought dead on arrival, said the officer.

Dar was working as a casual labourer in PDD department, he said.

Investigations are underway to see if there was any negligence on part of the power department.

Subscribe to The Kashmir Monitor

Subscribe to our email newsletter for useful tips and valuable resources, sent out every Tuesday.


Leave a Reply