Srinagar, Sep 9 A woman died due to electrocution in Tarathpora area of Handwara in north Kashmir’s Kupwara district on Sunday afternoon.
A police officer told that Shareefa (45) wife of Manzoor Ahmad Lone received an electric shock when she came in contact with a live wire outside her home at Hurdona area of Tarathpora.
Shareefa was immediately taken to nearby hospital where doctors declared her dead on arrival, he said.
After completing all legal and medical formalities, the body of the deceased was handed over to her relatives for last rites, he added.
A case under 174 Cr.PC has been registered and further investigations taken up, he said.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Sign me up for the newsletter!
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
I consent to the terms and conditions